Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Reflecting

I'm sitting here reflecting back on the last few weeks of roofing. List style.

  • glad I can roof, would be okay NOT roofing anytime soon
  • my roof is bigger than I thought. 
  • kids were pretty amazing while I was working (extra shifts and extended shifts thrown in) and roofing trying to get things done. Kaede ate more turkey sandwiches than I'd expect in those couple of weeks
  • I'm glad it's done. 
  • if you want to grow closer to someone reroof with them. I'm willing to bet any hard working project will work too
  • grateful for tender mercies and outright miracles. 
  • weird ankle stuff aside, my body is grateful it's done. My elbow held out amazingly well (see above) and weird ankle stuff waiting until the roof was done (see above)
  • 2 weeks of windy but otherwise cooperative weather was amazing and never happens around here (see above)
  • the roof that love built. I am so grateful to Dad, without him I don't know what would have happened. Home Teachers and neighbors who stopped by to help toss old shingles saved me more than a day, without a doubt. 

I still don't have a done picture without the air hose in the way but as soon as my ankle lets me I have one more chimney to caulk and gutters to clean -- may as well hang Christmas lights too -- I will get it then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment