Monday, October 7, 2019

Heather! We've Missed You!

I know I haven't been around much, but life has been crazy.  Like the kind of crazy that teenagers call cray cray.  Let me catch up with what's been going on in our life and a glimpse into the future.

Neil's health is still doing okay.  He is missing enough organs that things will never be back to pre-pancreatic cancer and okay is just fine by me.  He is still followed very close by the oncologist and will continue to do so, but we are far enough out from his NED diagnosis that we are going to have his port removed before the end of the year.  Party or not is still to be determined.

I am still working in the ICU and I love what I do.  Being able to support and help people on very bad days is an amazing privilege and I am grateful to have that opportunity.  I have been shooting nearly every day since Neil's surgery just over two years ago and have focused more on lifestyle and documentary portraits.  It's been fun to see my improvement over time and with a few online workshops.  I am taking a few business and marketing classes to turn my hobby into a business and it's been a challenge, but I'm getting my back to school routine down a bit more.

Michael has moved out on his own and is spreading his adult wings with grace and maturity.  He is doing a diesel mechanic apprenticeship and enjoying it.  Ryker is living in St George and working at Smith's.  The girls (all 3 of them) have been working hard on creating a fall festival out at the Sherratt farm.  This weekend was their opening, if you are in Southern Utah you should definitely go check them out.

Cedar Mountain starting to prepare for winter


Looking ahead I can't see a distinct path, instead, it looks kind of like a funhouse with trick walls and moving bridges that I never understood how people thought they were fun.  I'm taking my President Nelson vitamins and tightening my seatbelt because the only thing I know for certain is that things are changing, and not with just church organizations but the seasons, within me, with our family, and with the world.  As I look around nothing feels familiar and certain.  I know growth comes from places we aren't comfortable, but there is a peace and contentment with comfortable that doesn't come with growth and change and I miss it.  I'm trying to embrace the change and growth with it instead of fighting against it, but somedays sitting on the couch wins.

Expect more blog posts in the future, I promise I won't be gone so long next time.  If for nothing else, school assignments.

~Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment