Monday, October 8, 2012

*squee* -- photographer follow up

I realize that I'm completely over the top happy -- deal with it or go read elsewhere.

Remember my post about how to pick your photographer?  This is a follow up of how you know you picked the right one.  When I was more actively learning about photography (why oh why did I stop?  Oh yeah, nursing school sufficiently sucks the life out of you -- I'd forgotten about that)  I'd hear other photographers talk about providing their clients with an experience, not just pictures.  I think it's one of those vague things that is hard to say "this is how you do it" and for some people it just comes naturally.  I felt like that today.  It's difficult within the bounds of how/why I started this blog to say just how perfect today was, even though after everything leading up to this made me wonder if today was the best day or not.

So, in list form.  How you know that you found The photographer.
  • Kids won't stop talking about next time already.  Kaede's practicing smiling again -- I need to go find a picture of her picture smile to stick in here.
  • Walk away feeling more confident in yourself (I have no explanation for how this happens, it just does)
  • Gain a friend in the photographer.  I believe that in most relationships whether in your physician or your photographer and everyone inbetween that having that personal click is important.  Relaxing and feeling comfortable is important and I don't know about you but I don't feel comfortable around people that I don't click with.  Or worse, if there is an anti-click.
  • Find yourself anxiously waiting to be able to see the end result.
  • You didn't just get your pictures taken, you had an experience.
For now I sit and patiently {or not so patiently} wait for the end result.  I usually kind of dread seeing pictures of me because I know they're going to be horrible.  I'm usually so much more comfortable playing behind the camera instead of in front of it but after today, maybe both sides isn't such a bad thing?

If you want the full long version of why this afternoon was absolutely perfect I'll share, but be prepared for 12 year old squeals.

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment