Saturday, February 23, 2013

Whatcha' been doing?

The kids are growing up, regardless of my desire for them to stay little and have me be the center of their world forever.  Charlet has been gone with the band since Thursday morning supporting both the girls and boys basketball teams at the state tournament at Weber State.  She's across the state, without me, and just fine.  They're all driving home in this


Jealous?  No?  Me either.  Nervous?  Yes, me too. I do know she is good hands and I'm going to have to trust that the bus drivers aren't taking them on a wild ride like some of our snowy volleyball trips to Salina were.  

Michael is playing his tuba with the Honors Band on a Saturday concert next month.  He's absolutely loving everything about band and it's great to see him excelling at something he enjoys.  He wants to play baseball this year, sign ups are next week -- not certain how it's going to go but it's fun to see him interested in something.  

Softball sign ups are the same time as baseball and it's a little bittersweet.  I've put a lot of bleacher time in watching Charlet play ball for years, through the times when it's hard for the kids to hit, to throw, t-ball to machine pitch to coach pitch.  The last few years I've really enjoyed her games, making me want to find a time to play with.  This year?  Track.  I promised myself that I'd never be the parent pushing my agenda for my kids and I would support them in whatever they wanted to do.  I stand behind that but I'll miss her games and the excitement when she'd make some nice double plays at second.  Kaede is just starting out with Little League ball so we're back to the very early learning stages.  

She's also starting piano lessons {we really need to get the piano tuned} and the noise level in the house after school has definitely gone up a couple of notches.

I'm still working nights in ICU, very anxious for spring sunshine with long walks and a sunset that is actually in the evening instead of late afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment