Sunday, January 19, 2014

Priesthood Blessings

The Bishop came over tonight to give Kaede a blessing, he gave Charlet one as well. I have thoughts going in so many directions, this post is likely going to be a little on the rambling side. 

I wish more than anything that there was a worthy priesthood holder in the house. I know it's only a phone call away no matter the time but I still find myself waiting until whatever it is has grown big enough to justify a blessing. If anything I feel more comfortable now asking than I have in a really, really long time. 

In the past year I've had some amazing blessings, one in particular that I wish I had transcribed. Almost immediately after I forgot what words were said but I will never forget how I felt that night or in the coming days. Some blessings I've known that while things won't be easy they will be how they are suppose to be and all will be well. Others have given me the strength to get up just one more day and to get through just a little longer. A few I've known I'm not as alone as I'd previously felt and could feel my Heavenly Father's love for me. 

Tonight I hope and pray that girls feel the strength and power in the Priesthood that I have. Tonight I realized that the transcript of the blessing isn't as important as the feelings, the strength.  The part of a blessing that amazes me is the silence. The long breath between sentences where words aren't spoken but the Spirit is strong.  There is no way to transcribe the silence. 

Tonight however there is one sentence that keeps echoing in my soul, unsure of it was meant for Charlet or for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment