Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Wedding Stuff

I can't believe that the 21st is only 3 days away. Everything has fallen into place wonderfully -- beyond what I could have imagined. 

I knew some specifics of what I wanted -- a life together with Neil by my side. The wedding is just one step to get there. I wanted a traditional wedding dress, good food, family and friends. I don't want a tiered wedding cake, reception line, or doing things just because. I especially didn't want cake smashed in my face. I was ok with some kind of tablecloth and the "fancy" clear plastic plates so that people weren't doing dishes forever afterwards. Enter in "more than I could have imagined" my sister-in-laws family being amazing at decorating and making things beautiful.  I walked into Heather's front room and she had a table set with beautiful china and my heart went pitter patter a little inside. In just talking to them they were able to pull together a gorgeous table. Things have been falling into place like that everywhere, down to being able to get the church on short notice, the Bishop not being busy, and the list goes on. 

The fact that every part of this wedding is being pulled together by people who have seen me through some really ugly times and cheered me on, picked me up, or came down into my chaos to help me find my way out means so much to me. Every part means something special.  I can't wait to see it all pulled together and then be able to share it with all of you. 

So here I sit tonight all sappy and grateful my mascara doesn't run easily because I'm confident that I will be a mess on Friday. 

Here is a teaser photo of what I've been working on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment