Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Season is here

Christmas

Christmas season is fully here.  Do you know how I know?  The Christmas Devotional was tonight so my mind has officially clicked into Christmas mode.  I've had Christmas music nearby since Thanksgiving, been mmmhmmm'ing and taking notes about everything the kids want while admiring the Christmas lights going up {go ahead, make fun of the bananas--I know I do} but it still didn't feel like quite like Christmas until tonight.

I watched the devotional with a group of new friends, and it made me realize one more time that this year is going to be the best Christmas ever.  I don't have a why for you, I didn't come into lots of money, things aren't magically all falling into place and going perfect, in fact it's been a rough several weeks for me.  Except it's Christmastime.

Two Christmases ago after a very trying and emotionally draining time Michael said "Mom, isn't this the best Christmas ever?  Look at how many people there are who care about us!"  That year I realized that no matter how well prepared or ill prepared we are for Christmas to come Christmas Day is magical.  Last year I still managed to stress and worry despite some conscious efforts to just enjoy the magic of the season but this year feels different, I haven't even once thought of myself as Scrooge or muttered "bah!  Humbug"  I've felt love and support from friends and neighbors, I've not stressed over the "can I have?" {no I don't know how that happened} and I've just been able to breath a little.  I don't know that the whole season will be this stress free but I'm not going to question it I'm just going to enjoy it.

Did you know that CCPD wont' shut down traffic on main street just so I can take a picture?  {no, I didn't ask -- I also didn't ask them to move deer crossing signs near school crossings either}  This isn't the picture I wanted, but I'm waiting until next weekend when the kids are here to put up our tree so this is the picture you get.

Now, I'm going to go find the story about the barometer, we were having some technical difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment