Saturday, December 22, 2012

Never Again!

Every year I say that next year I'm going to be more on top of things.  Not as rushed, etc.  This year may be the worst year for how far behind I am, and I've not had anyone come up behind me to help {I'm not complaining, feels good to be independent -- except of course for the things I'd like help with LOL}  Kids want to spend time in Beaver which means deadline for us moved up a couple of days and I'm still wiped out from this last work stretch {somewhat wondering if I'm trying to come down with something, I'm not just tired my body is on a full fledge strike}

Just like every other year, I'm not doing this again this way.  If I can manage to avoid Wal-mart completely between Thanksgiving and New Years Day I'll consider it a success.  I keep reminding myself "no matter how unready you are, Christmas day is wonderful"  Right?

I am right, aren't I?

Part of why I'm frustrated this year is that I wanted to do 'neighbor gifts' not just out of obligation or habit but because I really appreciate how much easier my life is because of neighbors who go above and beyond their neighborly duty whether it's giving the kids a ride or listening to me when I need to talk to someone besides myself.  It's not things that I feel obliged to do, it's things I want to do and can't that are frustrating for me.

Just like always, maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment