Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

I was fortunate {?!???!?} enough to work last night and have the opportunity of ringing in the New Year with coworkers.  Honestly, on your average work night I'd at least have been around friends instead of home alone.  If I wasn't working I'd have likely looked for something to do other than stay at home playing solitaire and watching netflix.  Maybe.

With the New Year come resolutions, or those bucking resolutions -- one way or the other they seem to be everywhere.  Mine are about the same every year.

Be a better me.

I've accomplished things this year that I'd started to give up hope on {okay, it wasn't so much me accomplishing them as they happened but who's detailing the difference}  and while the "be a better me" seems to be a little bit of a roller coaster ride I'd have to say overall I'm a better me than I was last year.  Happier, more at peace, feet underneath me a little better.  {yes, I'm saying that even after the December I had}

On a side note, Charlet went to the Stake Dance tonight.  I don't know how it is that she is old enough to be going to dances but she is. All the milestones when she was little didn't bother me but the teenager firsts hit me a little harder.  It's amazing to watch the young woman she is growing into, she regularly amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment