Sunday, November 5, 2017

Me Time {30 Days of Gratitude}



Specifically, I am grateful for time for me and for times that I successfully make time for me.  It is very easy to get caught up in life and do all of the "have to" things and when I put myself at the bottom of the "eh, if there is time maybe I will think about it" list I never get there.  As in, never.  I've found that more "have to" things I have the more important it is that I take care of me too.  This summer when I'd been neglecting me I started breathing each time my watch told me to, then when that became more of a habit if I had a few minutes to spare I'd take some of them to do some mindfulness exercises.

The rest of what I do for me is shooting.  Driving home from work today I had a long loud ugh escape my mouth.  I want my 30 days to be stress relieving, not adding to the stress and today it felt very much like another task to check off instead of something to give me a few moments of time.  It's hard in winter, by the time I get home from work it's dark outside and shooting in low light with a kit lens is difficult.  I have a few ideas I'm working on for some posts and they are taking more work than others so on a long work day right after the time change with no pictures banked to rely on I just didn't want to do it.  A block later I realized that days like today are exactly when I need to take time for myself, to write, think, shoot, and focus on anything but the list of things I haven't done yet.  I'm grateful for the things I do to take care of me and the difference a few moments makes in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment