Friday, March 7, 2014

Tough Week

Without detailing to the public why, this week has been rough with each day getting progressively harder. Last weekend was good, sick kids, massive driving and couch surfing at Gary's included. Tiring but good. 

Every once in a while when we have an unstable patient that we are constantly titrating drips on our monitors will for a second show a perfect picture. Adequate vital signs, rhythm not overly funky and for half a breath everything seems great. That's what looking back over the pictures from last weekend does for me. Glimpses of time captured forever that seem absolutely perfect.  If I could pick a picture to be my forever, this would be it. 


What may seem like a quick snap to the world speaks volumes to me. My entire heart was sitting on that couch, together. They are the driving force behind everything I do and I've come to realize that it's quite likely I will never be able to describe how much I love them or how perfect this moment was. If it wasn't a stupid phone picture I'd blow it up big and put it on the wall.

This moment, I want this to be my forever. All the hope, love, potential, and all around awesomeness that I could ever want. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww hugs sweetie! Sorry for a rough week. Love the moments that cling to our hearts!

    ReplyDelete