Sunday, April 6, 2014

Grateful

Tonight as I lay not sleeping I can't help but feel overwhelming gratitude, not so much for my Hard Things but for the perspective and growth I've received. My heart is full tonight and I have no one to share it with except for you.

I went for a short, slow walk today in the cold and wind. It wasn't an enjoyable walk by any means but along the way I took this picture. 

Tree blossoms

The walk sucked, but this moment, this phone picture was worth it. 

I don't know how long the feeling will last, but for now I can clearly see that my Hard Things will be worth it (eventually) provided I can hold tight to the truths I know.  As hard as it is to think about and hope for my timing to match up with God's timing tonight I will be patient. Instead of sharing my thoughts and feelings with a best friend I will share it on my blog (sorry for the rambling and side roads)

A new favorite scripture is Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. (Luke 22:42) I've never had a cup I've wanted removed as much as I do now, but I know when I choose to follow the Lord's will things turn out better than is possible for me to imagine.  Nevertheless, not my will but thine.  I pray for the guidance to know what that will is and for the strength and courage to continue and the perspective needed to remain grateful. 

~H


No comments:

Post a Comment