Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Way Things Were

The past couple of weeks I have had more dealings with members of the 8th ward that I deeply enjoyed and helped me out when things weren't going so well  or even if I just needed to sit and laugh.

I don't want to give up the new friends I have made, but I'm a little homesick this week for the way things were.  I use to see old friends occasionally before or after church but that has left with the building being torn down. I even miss being collectively referred to as 2nd/8th ward or seeing it printed on hymn books. 

I'd name names but chances are I'd leave someone out that I might not even realize.  I miss our coke dates, your RS lessons, Primary presidency meetings, being Home taught, going Visiting Teaching and learning from you. Anytime you want to move to this side of 400 I will help you find a house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment