Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Mountain to Climb

On my bucket list is hiking Angel's Landing. I look at pictures of the view when you get there 


and I start making plans to go, soon {who wants to go this year?!?} then I read stories of people who struggled along Walter's Wiggles


 read the warnings about how hard it is, see the death statistics.  


The pictures along the way 


Looking at the hike as a whole


Then I let fear stop me. It looks hard and dangerous {after all the sign said so} and I hesitate and let myself believe that Angel's Landing is for other people. More dedicated hikers, people better prepared, those who are stronger or less afraid of heights.

Except the only way to see the view and not just look at pictures is to decide to climb the mountain. 


Being prepared is important. Letting fear stop me?  Not necessary. 

Life's mountains are often not optional. Situations and trials are most often not asked for but given to us no matter the strength of our protest. Be prepared, know that you can do hard things. 

Now to focus in the view from the top instead of the level of difficulty. 

None of these pictures are mine, since I obviously haven't yet climbed my mountain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment