Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Boys

For those of you who don't know I am the youngest of 4 and the only girl. Regardless of popular belief I'm not completely spoiled rotten.  I grew up knowing very well how to handle being teased, how to get dirty and just the right tone to add to "Dad! The boys are being mean!"  

I've been teased to tears, tickled until I nearly peed, and heaven help anyone who took me on a date in high school if the boys knew about it. Which they usually did. 

I spend a good chunk of time wondering what it would be like to have sisters instead of brothers. 

The teasing hasn't stopped but I wouldn't trade the boys for the best sisters in the world. No matter how alone I feel as I stand to fight {well, pretty much anything} I know that they are right behind me ready to do whatever needs to be done from late night conversations while working graveyard shift to making it so I always feel welcome including everything in between and beyond. 

I love my boys. {not the best picture of any of us but I don't care}

Oh, and Happy Birthday Mom!


1 comment:

  1. Heather, I grew up with 2 brothers. I had a sister but she died with leukemia when she was only 6 and I was 2 so I really never got to experience a sister either. As all you say with your brothers, I had with mine. Add to that, My older brother insured I never had to actively turn down a date in my life. All I had to do was tell him and his motorcycle buddies took care of why this guy could not date me. Both of my brothers have passed away, I am now an only child. I know that when times are tough I can truly say I miss my brothers will my whole heart. Thank you for sharing your love of yours with us.

    ReplyDelete