Sunday, June 9, 2013

One Wish

On a walk tonight I realized that my walks have changed over the last couple of years. I use to aptly refer to them as therapy walks. I've walk out multiple bonfires fueled by anger or frustration, said more sincere prayers, pondered counsel and gotten far more than ever expected from walks. 

My walks aren't the same anymore. Kaede wants to go, always and for the time being I'm not going to deny her. 

Tonight on the way home I realized if i had one wish it would be someone to walk with me at night after the girls are in bed. 

A younger version of me would have wished away the need for a therapy walk instead of longing for the tools that help me past the trial. 

Ever so slowly my perspective is changing. One moment at a time. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm up for a walk partner...but...I'm usually in bed by 8, since the alarm goes off at 4am....

    UGH!

    ReplyDelete