Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Baking Therapy

There is something about a clean kitchen that screams to be used. That and my Pinterest addiction have found me in the depths of baking therapy. 

ICU is closed tonight and I'm second to be called in, so what better to do than bake grasshopper poke cake. 

Grasshopper Poke Cake

Ingredients
1-Chocolate cake mix, baked per instructions on box
1-can sweetened condensed milk
1- hot fudge (I think it was about 11 oz jar)
1 package Keebler grasshopper fudge cookies chopped (we ate some dipped in the cool whip and still had plenty of crumbs)
16 oz cool whip (real whipped cream doesn't work well either)
1 package Duncan Hines mint frosting flavoring
1 cup Andes mint chocolate chips

Bake chocolate cake as usual and let cool. For ease I used a triple chocolate cake mix. I'm not certain why but poke cakes turn out better for me if the base is from a mix. 

When cool use the backside of a wooden spoon or clean dowel to poke holes into the cake. Pour sweetened condensed milk over top of cake, ensuring it covering into holes. 

Heat hot fudge until soft, mix in 1/2 of grasshopper cookies and spread over cake. 




Mix frosting flavor packet and cool whip (this is a good point to dip one of the cookies you set aside) then spread over top of fudge/cookie layer. 

Top with rest of cookies and Andes chips. Refrigerate overnight.  



We didn't make it overnight, but I did wait until Charlet was home from Young Women's. 


We did have a yummy skillet lasagna first, my house smelled delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment