Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Thoughts on Nicholas Sparks

For my birthday movie I picked going to see a Nicholas Sparks movie, and afterwards Maria asked why I picked that movie as we both had mascara raccoon eyes from crying at the ending.  In the chaos of life I'd forgotten that conversation until I downloaded "Dear John" to listen to on the road.  Fairy tale stories of perfect timing, perfect people, perfect couples, perfectly fictional.  I'm not typically a big fan of chick flicks, but somehow his I really enjoy.



My answer for why I love a Nicholas Sparks book/movie/audio book is simple.  It gives me hope.  I know that he does not come close to writing real life and that my life will never mirror anything he writes.  It does give me hope though, that just maybe, sometime I will have someone to walk with in the evenings, sit on the swing and laugh with that can see through "I'm fine" and perhaps doesn't even have to ask.  I have a long list of must have's, very important, would really like, and a few absolutely not.  The must have and absolutely not list are both fairly short.

As I look at my life and reality of living in small town Southern Utah as a single Mom I'm not certain that my list will ever be filled and that's okay too, better than being wrong.

This post was originally a bit longer, decided it should be condensed some -- the whole world doesn't need to know everything about me after all.

~Heather

p.s.  This is the first post I've written or looked at on the computer for a long time, most of my posts come from my phone.  I'm realizing now my formatting is really wonky and I'm not certain how to fix it so if you are dealing with the poor line up just to read my ramblings, thank you.  Maybe someday soon I'll spend some time making it a little prettier in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment