Monday, December 30, 2013

Chocolate Lasagna


I tried to find an original source for this recipe and couldn't. I made mine from a comment on a Pinterest picture. As typical for me I didn't follow exactly. 

Chocolate Lasagna

Ingredients
1 package Oreos (not double stuff) crushed to crumbs. 
6 Tbsp melted butter
8 oz package cream cheese softened
1/4 C sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1 tub cool whip
1 large box chocolate pudding
Enough milk to mix pudding per pie directions
Mini chocolate chips

Directions

Mix butter and Oreo crumbs together and press into 9 X 13 pan or 2 square pans if you are taking dessert to someone who needs it.  Put into fridge then go start dinner rolls in bread machine. Whip cream cheese until light and fluffy then add in milk and sugar until it's a bowl of cream cheese near heaven goodness. Fold in some cool whip. Recipe called for 1 1/4 C I think but I just scooped some. Spread it over crumb crust and put back into fridge. Get distracted while taking the trash out and putter around outside.  Mix pudding mix as per pie recipe directions and pour over cream cheese mixture spreading evenly then place in fridge for at least 5 minutes. Realize that you have a waterfall coming from the drainpipe under the kitchen sink. Sit and cry for a minute then go to work playing plumber. Spread the rest of the cool whip on top of the chocolate being careful to keep layers separate and not pull the chocolate up into the cool whip. Top with mini chocolate chips. Instructions said to freeze for 1 hour or refrigerate for 4 hours. I didn't but it spent a lot of prep time in the fridge while I played plumber etc. 

This is a good dessert, nice and simple. I'm not a big fan of Cool Whip or boxed ingredients but it's nice to have a trick recipe in your pocket now and then. I think I'd like chocolate curls ontop instead of the chips but if I'm going to the trouble of making chocolate curls they aren't going on Cool Whip.  

I may or may not have snuck another piece into my bedroom to eat while writing this post. 

{Heather} 

No comments:

Post a Comment