Saturday, December 7, 2013

The beauty in Saturday morning

I'm sitting in bed, bundled under a stack of blankets reading, checking Facebook, Christmas list planning and checking the weather to see if getting a tree today is very realistic. There was no alarm waking me up, no sub zero temperatures to trudge through to get the car started, no list of critical value phone calls all day long. 

I'm completely wiped out after the week we've had at work, trying desperately to have a fun busy day but realistically I may just get the front rooms of the house straightened up. Maybe. 

I wish I had a truck, that would make getting a tree today more likely, then we could put it up tomorrow after church. I'm excited this year for the holiday season, just a little overwhelmed at all there is to do and just me to get it all done. 

I think I'm going to go make some hot chocolate and go start a fire. See if this tired body can find some energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment