Wednesday, March 6, 2013

But you don't have to be

It's SEP/CCR week. Yay?!? Something else not geared towards single parents that work nights. South has always been great about trying to work with my schedule, it's just that there is no good time for me.

That wasn't my point though.

Kaede mentioned the organization {or lack of} and said "I'm just messy". Her teacher replied, but you don't have to be.

How many things about me do I wish were different that I just accept as part of me that don't have to be? Humans are adaptable, we don't have to be anything that we don't want to be. Small changes, one step at a time. If Kaede can keep her desk clean maybe there is some hope for change in me too.

1 comment:

  1. you know heather, this is absolutely the truth. I blame the things I dont like in my world on other people who wont help me.. or get in my way or many other things. Maybe we should start an informal challenge group to encourage each other in changing things that need changed one small step at a time.

    ReplyDelete