Friday, March 8, 2013

Dynamite!

The spring concert at CMS is my second favorite on my fun meter. They play some fun more current songs. Tonight's playlist consisted of Firework, Dynamite, Bad, and Crazy Train. Their challenge piece was from PotC.

One of the things that makes me happiest is watching the kids do something they have worked hard at and are proud of, for Charlet and Michael band concerts fit there. Michael has really found his place with the tuba. There was a group in the JV/concert band class that exceeded expectations for that level so they moved them up to Varsity Band. Yup, I'm proud.

Michael is also doing Honors Band next Saturday which mostly consists of 8th. Grade symphonic band students. I haven't seen the level of excitement out of him even on Christmas morning.

He's growing in so many ways, he is nearly as tall as I am and watching him last night he was less fidgety and wiggly than I've ever seen him and he asked to play baseball this year. We'll see how it goes, if nothing else everyone who keeps telling me to put a ball in his hands can in the words of Alice, "put a sock in it"

I have videos of all of the songs, just trying to find the best way to share them for people who weren't there. If you want to go to a concert the Honors Band has one next Saturday, ask me about time and place.

No comments:

Post a Comment