Sunday, March 17, 2013

CMS Pops Concert, Tales From The Street, Honors Band -- Oh My!

I could have titled this post "Kid Brags" but I didn't.  We've been busy around here, more so than I have video footage of but I have a feeling you don't care about seeing me sort laundry or scrub the toilet.  If you want the highlights you'll need to scroll to the end I posted these in chronological order not best to worst.

I have no video footage, but Charlet just got home from traveling with the Pep Band to the state basketball tournament.  I am glad she was able to go, glad she had fun and crazy happy to have her back home.  Missed her tons and not completely okay with all this growing up she's doing.  Did you know she's old enough in exactly 1 month to get her learner's permit?  eeek, make sure you park away from the streets!

First concert was the CMS Varsity Pops Concert at the middle school.  Michael and 30-ish other students who started out in JV band worked hard this year and exceeded expectations so they took the group of them and broke off another section teaching them the varsity songs.

Party Rock Anthem




Pirates of the Caribbean (this is their challenge piece)


Firework



Dynamite




Halo Theme




Les Mis


Saber Dance (Michael really didn't like the tuba part for this piece)




Bad




Crazy Train!


South's school play was this week too, week before spring break is nearly as bad as just before Christmas!  She was a Brainiac in Tales From The Street.  I only recorded her clip and due to some technical difficults {okay, operator difficulties} I don't even have all of it.  She's middle left with bouncy pigtails and black leggings.






Michael was invited to join the ICSD Honors band for middle school students {yes, I'm proud of him on so many levels, it's amazing to watch him get into something that goes so well and he succeeds at}  They met for the first time at 8 am this morning and worked until about 3:30 with a 5:30 call time for the concert.  They did amazing, even considering my bias and that this is the first time they've played together and really worked on the music.  Dr. Adam Lambert from SUU's music department headed it up.

Part 1 of 4  {yes, the video part is of the seats in front of us, it's better than super crazy way jiggly from trying to find a decent spot to record, normally I try to at least kind of get Michael in there somewhere but that wasn't an option this time}



Part 2 of 4







Part 3 of 4



Part 4 of 4 Pirates of the Caribbean (they stop talking at 3:25)  This is the same piece that they played at the Varsity Pops Concert.


No comments:

Post a Comment