Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Burnout

I was going to find a picture of a wildland fire burn scar to go with this post and decided it wasn't exactly appropriate.  A dried out lake bed more accurately describes how I feel.

I've been working crazy amounts and all spread out.  We all have.  Our patients are sicker.  {yes, I know I work in the ICU and patients there are sick, but they're sicker just trust me}  Our intermediate patients are busier.  I am exhausted on days I work and don't get anything else done.  I've long believed that the harder you work the harder you need to play but when I have an opportunity to play {so very, very rare my social life consists of work} I'm too tired or I sit and think about the bazillion things that aren't done at home.

There is a softball game tomorrow, Homecoming game on Friday, parade for SUU's Homecoming on Saturday and then we're going rappelling.  Nothing like falling off of a cliff to reset you to normal.  It's gearing up to be a long, long winter and I'm having a harder time remembering just how difficult this summer was with me not working at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment