Sunday, September 9, 2012

Possibilities

With possibilities comes hope, with hope comes smiles, with smiles comes joy.

Nothing earth shattering has happened lately other than a change in my perspective. I'm still {forever} behind on my housework, crazy busy at work since we're working short, struggling with homework stuff with the kids {again, forever}, and only managing to find time for me a few times a week with softball. Honestly, softball is a huge leap forward in my self care. Everything looks better on the softball field.

I don't know what the catalyst for change has been. A few conversations that aren't the first of their kind felt different. I don't know if it's been the passing of time, things feeling more settled (even if settled turns out to be suckier than not settled was) but I realize I have possibilities in front of me. Starting fresh and new, I can do hard things (anyone know that reference? I remember Corry's talking on it at Standards night, I'll try to remember to ask ShaLiece this week)

Maybe I can't do hard things with a shiny, tidy house with smiling kids who never fight and mascara that never smudges but I can do hard things. Eventually the house will get clean{er}, kids will {temporarily} get along, I'll find the perfect mascara. Just not all at once. If someone were to ask me how I'm doing, wanting "the list" of things going on I'm certain I'd get some form of the "I don't know how you do it" reply. If it was someone who wanted to truly know how I'm doing I'd have a much more positive and uplifting reply. Things have been going better in my life at times I've struggled a lot more.

What's the difference?

The difference is hope.

Every time I've been a breath away from giving up hope is what has brought me through. Hope of change, a quick glimpse into the future as I'd like it to be, hope for things to come. Everyone out there has possibilities, I wish for you to see yours and get the relief from them that I have this week. There isn't anything quite as satisfying as going to sleep with a smile on your face :)

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment