Thursday, September 27, 2012

Really?!?!? No! I refuse!

I think it's interesting how sometimes the days that you can list things a mile long that haven't gone right or have gone very, very wrong seem better than days when it's hard to define a list.

Today isn't a hard to define list day.
  • Been working crazy amounts and am completely burned out on being at work away from the kids at night.  They have things going on that they need an attentive parent home for and I'm feeling guilty.
  • I think I have a monster UTI.  Bladder spasms that wanted to double me over last night and peeing every 20 minutes this morning until I decided that pyridium wouldn't affect a UA and I wasn't going to be up being miserable until I could get seen.
  • After the pyridium I slept.  Hard.  Very hard.  Missed most of "office hours" missed waking up for VT, and I know there was something else I was planning on waking up late morning for that I didn't.
  • Softball tonight, see post #2.  I think this is the last week of softball and I'm likely going to suck it up and at least try to play but I feel absolutely rotten -- going to see what some aggressive hydration does.  Hope it doesn't send me back to peeing every 20 minutes because that is not going to agree with softball.
  • All this summer I've been thinking "when I go for my physical I want to get set up with a MD in town.  I don't want to need the ER and from there need to be admitted and end up with {fill in list of names that you couldn't pay me enough to name in a public forum}  So now, I need to be seen and do you think I've gotten established with someone yet?  Ohhh no I haven't.  I don't care for the provider who works Friday's at the satellite clinic I am established with.
  • Called, hoping for a miracle of a sure we can get you in today or tomorrow and had to leave a message.  That I haven't heard back from yet -- wondering if that's normal or not for this office, I don't care for an answering machine at the front desk.
  • Completely missed a VT appt.  I was going to call and explain when I woke up late morning, but that wake up didn't happen so... *sigh*  Lots of unrelated guilt here but I can't be everything to everyone and I can't do everything perfect right now (or ever, but I'm working on currently cutting myself some slack.
  • I'm struggling to find someone who likes scary movies to go to the theater with me. 
Each thing varies in importance and I could have kept going but it's time to walk and get Kaede and I need to find a water bottle first.  I will get past this, just like I do everything else.  One foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment