Friday, September 14, 2012

Remind me...

This summer I was on LOA from April to August, much of that time unable to use my left hand.  I thought I could handle one handedness fairly decent, after all I've had 3 kids and was master of doing things with a baby in arms.  Turns out, I can do one arm fairly well, but not one hand.  ShaLiece brought me dinner one night on a weekend the kids were with their Dad and included a shake for breakfast.  I couldn't open the shake.  I've been stuck in my shirts, unable to open the simplest of things, and frustrated.  Much of my summer was spent sitting on the couch trying to heal and not go crazy.

In July I was asked if I could help get vitals for the Boy Scout physicals.  I've never been so happy to be asked to help with anything before.

When I left for leave we had 5 nurses that worked nights, now we have 3.  We staff 2 deep and I don't know how you do your math but my math that equals a lot of work.  Not working was making me crazy, a lot faster than working constantly has -- I need to remember that.  I also need to figure out how to manage my life for the next few months until we get the new ones trained and on board.

I can do hard things. 

Oh, the reference for that is not exactly what I thought it was.  Elaine Dalton used it in a Conference talk, found here. On Standards Night when the Corry's talk they used the Mormon Messages video Daytons Legs


No comments:

Post a Comment