Saturday, August 17, 2013

Obedience leads to extra strength

Usually when I'm reading scriptures I study by topic using Ensign, Conference Talks, a few select books by General Authorities (okay, pretty much just Finding Peace, Happiness, and Joy). It's not unusual to start with a Conference talk and work from there.

Every few years I read beginning to end, starting last Sunday and each time I find a new theme standing out which follows through to the end. It's still studying by topic, its just that the topic finds me this way. 

This go around? Obedience due to ones own faith leading to increased strength as needed for whatever it is that needs to be accomplished.  Nephi being physically strong still needed additional strength to stop Zoram, and he received what was needed. 


{Heather} 

No comments:

Post a Comment