Wednesday, November 21, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude Day 21 -- Music

Someone once said that for art to exist there needs to be people who perform the talent and others who appreciate the talent {paraphrased from the depths of my mind somewhere}.  I fill that last roll very nicely,  my main musical talent is turning on the radio.  I'm wonderful at it, really.  It is on my bucket list to be able to play something other than the radio.  I'd be thrilled if I could sing.  Listening to music, most genres, really moves me though.  I can't tell you much about it other than whether or not it stirs my soul and that's enough for me.

Fortunately my kids have more talent than I do.  Charlet plays the flute, Michael the tuba, Kaede loves to sing and I hope chooses to participate in band as well {she doesn't realize she'll have to pick between band and choir in 6th grade though}.  

I didn't have the time to play with as many angles and perspectives as I'd hoped for and I have to thank Greg for helping me bring my fuzzy idea into reality -- even though it's not exactly as I'd hoped yet.  I'll play again another day.


30 Days of Gratitude:  Day 21 -- Music

No comments:

Post a Comment