Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Day of Thanks

I find it interesting that on Thanksgiving, presumably the day that started the original 30 days I'm not posting a 30 days. I will make it up I promise.

Kids are with their Dad this weekend, I worked last night and tonight.  I got a decentish nap on Wednesday but I have realized and accepted I can't cut my sleep short 2 days in a row much less 3 and I am planning on heading south tomorrow.  I seriously contemplated sleeping until 1 or 2 today then getting up and going to Beaver to eat with Russell which would have been fine time wise if everything was on schedule.  Anything not on schedule would have messed with the whole thing and I would have been rushing and stressed to make it back to work.

I am grateful I have a job that I enjoy, I am grateful that this year when I don't have my family around me I was able to work so that others can be around theirs {and that I'm able to go in a little bit early so someone can leave early}, I'm grateful that I am actually working instead of stuck in town on call.  I'm grateful that being part of my family isn't a major holiday or wedding type event, we're family 365 days a year, this year 366.  Hopefully some leftovers will find their way to me this weekend.  If not I'm making turkey dinner next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment