Wednesday, November 28, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude Day 28 -- Michael

Yes, I know and I'm not going to entertain discussion about how I used the on board flash. You don't like it you can move right along. Getting a picture was more important than waiting and getting the picture I'd hoped for.

Michael gave us a run for our money when he was an infant, so much so that Charlet thought the best restaurant in Salt Lake City was The Rainbow Cafe and the folks at Ronald McDonald House knew us by name. So much of that experience has led me to where I am now, how I treat patients and their families and showed me that I can do things I didn't think I'd be able to. We watched his growth (and shrinkage) ounce by ounce and stood on the brink of interventions I am grateful that we didn't have to do. He's now 12 and 5'8" and just over 100 lbs. When I was putting him in newborn sized clothes on his first birthday I never, ever thought we'd get to the point that his feet are bigger than mine and he's just shy of outgrowing me.

Along with figuring out how to grow he's also done some pretty amazing things. Anything that needs "some assembly required" he's your go to guy. Anything hands on he's all over it, making sure it gets done and done right. {Hmmm, aren't dishes hands on?} When I look at his hands I see Gromps' hands.  I first noticed it in this picture by P&G Photography.  I wanted to capture his hands as I see them, similar to this one from summer 2006


06300604

However, he is at an after school program until 5 when we've lost light and I'm not letting him tear apart another bike for the sake of a picture {although I was tempted if we'd had light} so I popped up my on board flash and got this one.  I love you Michael, you continually do things that amaze me.


30 Days of Gratitude:  Day 28 -- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment